Friday, September 5, 2008

What is on your prayer list?

I thought I would post some old pages from Jon and Kate's website. These are a few examples of their "Prayer List" and the "How you can help" page from the Gosselin's old site.



How can I donate?
A. Monetary donations can be made payableTo:
Gosselin Sextuplet Fund Address: 1652 Dauphin Ave. Wyomissing PA 19610
If you feel led to contribute to the tuition for pre-school, please add pre-school to the memo line.

6-9 months and 9-12 month winter one piece outfits for boys and girls

15 passenger van

Gift cards to Wallmart or Target for our very basic needs. (paper-towels, laundry detergent, fabric softener, Platex® bottle liner drop-ins)


Prayer list

May 7, 2004
15 Passenger Van
6 New Infant Cars Seats - Thank you Graco6
New Cribs - Thank you Delta Enterprises
Clothing in good condition for infants 3 months and up
Diapers and formula3
Baby swings
2 Collapsable Strollers for 3 babies each - Thank you Chicco USA and local donators


June 28, 2005
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW PICTURES ARE IN THE PHOTO SECTION UNDER 1ST BIRTHDAY CATEGORY.

My father passed away on January 13, 2005 at 7:41pm. We love him very much and we pray that Jesus will take care of him. Kate and I pray for a strong marriage that through all this stress our relationship stays intact. We pray that others may see how difficult our lives are right now and that we are trully thankful for everything our church has done for us. We pray that Mady and Cara continue to be strong and loving through this time of need and stress. We ask the Lord that we have faith in him and we rely on him to provide for us spiritually and financially.
We ask others to please pray for us as we go through terrible financial and family hardships. It is hard to let people into our personal lives but we are praying that people could walk in our shoes for one day and understand that God has given us these children and we are responsible to raise them the best we can. Please pray that Kate and I can do this with help of all our awesome volunteers that God has provided us. Amen.
Jonathan and Kate Gosselin
August 8, 2005
WE FINALLY GOT A VAN!!!
CHECK OUT ALL THE NEW PICTURES IN THE PHOTO SECTION


A quick update on our family: The twins are doing great. They will start Pre-K in a few weeks. As for the babies they are all walking except for Alexis who seems to be a bit complacent. They are all eating very well and holding their own bottles. We finally purchased a van ourselves. It is a 2004 Dodge Sprinter Passenger Wagon. It is perfect for our family exactly 10 seats for all of us. There are some pictures of it under the heading "OUR VAN!!!" We are so excited we can actually travel together with all our kids and all their stuff (2 triplet strollers). We recently visited our local Sam's Club. And we are attending church on a regular basis. Thank the Lord our God for all his wonderful blessings! Stay tuned for more detailed updates. Again a huge Thank You to everyone who has been by our side helping with all our beautiful children.

Kate and I pray for a strong marriage that through all this stress our relationship stays intact. We pray that others may see how difficult our lives are right now and that we are trully thankful for everything everyone has done for us. We pray that Mady and Cara continue to be strong and loving through this time of need and stress. We ask the Lord that we have faith in him and we rely on him to provide for us spiritually and financially.
We ask others to please pray for us as we go through terrible financial and family hardships. It is hard to let people into our personal lives but we are praying that people could walk in our shoes for one day and understand that God has given us these children and we are responsible to raise them the best we can. Please pray that Kate and I can do this with help of all our awesome volunteers that God has provided us. Amen.
Jonathan and Kate Gosselin
October 4,2005
Today we were on the Martha Stewart show. It was very exciting and we enjoyed the whole experience. I'd like to thank Martha and her wonderful staff for having us on the show. We would also like to thank TwinsClothes.com for provding the coordinating clothing by LeTop. More to come...
December 13, 2005
Update

Just the ten of us... and wow is life busy, wild and crazy! I continue to try to keep life organized while thinking for ten! Jon struggles to keep his eyes open after his LONG days at work! Cara and Madelyn, our big 5 year old helpers are winning the hearts of all of their "kids" as the call them. They are my right and left arms during the day! And, yes, the babies... who are now "little people" more than babies! They, of course, are running, climbing, breaking things and doing everything imaginable. They are starting to show concern and care for each other which is so neat to watch! They say several words and of course the girls talk alot more than the boys - - even some two word phrases! the favorite is "NONONONONO" when a brother or sister has gotten out of line!
And as for our little house... I feel sorry for it! It has every nook and cranny crammed with something or someone! Needless to say, we're literally bursting at the seems! Our biggest prayer request at this time, is a house that we fit into and can afford... it's going to literally take a miracle...and for now, we'll keep praying!
Other than that, we're all well! Your continued prayers are much appreciated as we need patience with each other and the strength to get through each and every day! Thanks to all who continue to remember us!
Please have a love-filled Holiday as I know we will!
-Kate Gosselin-
Novemeber 24, 2006
For a video sneak preview of our sequel that will air on January 23, 2007 at 8pm (Eastern Time).
Feb 18 2007
These are the airdates of our new Series –
Jon & Kate plus 8
April 10th
April 17th
April 24th

The month of May - All repeats
June 5th
June 11th

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

We want, we want, we want.

Anonymous said...

I don't see this as a prayer list, but as a "give us list". There is a difference in the two.

Anonymous said...

Ask and you will receive!

Anonymous said...

A prayer list? Well maybe I came from an odd family, but we were taught to pray for others, not ourselves. I don't see them saying that they are all praying for us. I hate talking about this topic, but something seems off here.

beachluvin said...

These two are absolutely disgusting! When will people learn! Stop donating to these thieves!

Anonymous said...

I was expecting them to say they were praying for lots of people to put money in their love offerings.

Anonymous said...

Our biggest prayer request at this time, is a house that we fit into and can afford...


Really, what can't they afford? If they can't, it is handed to them. Have they paid for anything the last 4 years?

Libby said...

stewie,
Thanks for posting the old 'prayer lists'. I have not seen these but have read mention of them on blogs.
Did they purchase the van themselves?
I kind of find that hard to believe. Ya did they purchase it with money that they earned and saved? Probably money from Jon's dad...since it was seven months after he passed. Why the need to say "We finally purchased a van ourselves"?
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You know I bought a car for myself once, but I forgot to tell people and write about it.

Anonymous said...

I think this show being cancelled should be on our prayer lists, so these kids can have a normal life. They ask for us to pray for them, so I think this would be wonderful. Maybe we should also ask that Kate opens her eyes and realizes her kids are more important than her spa treatments.

beachluvin said...

Amazing, they bought something themselves? Somebody get them a medal.

beachluvin said...

What do they mean "if you are led to donate to the twins preschool tuition" .......

what nerve! Especially after learning they were sitting on a sizable inheritance in their bank account!

These two KONs never cease to amaze me!!!

Libby said...

The prayer list, all I can say is WOW.
From the Christian stand point my answer would be this: check out the Lord's Prayer...Give us this day our daily bread, followed by: Lead us not into temptation.
If they are trusting God to take care of them, then they NEED to just ask for their NEEDS to be met DAILY! Not be tempted to ask for their WANTS.

Joni said...

Libby said...
stewie,
Thanks for posting the old 'prayer lists'. I have not seen these but have read mention of them on blogs.
Did they purchase the van themselves?
I kind of find that hard to believe. Ya did they purchase it with money that they earned and saved? Probably money from Jon's dad...since it was seven months after he passed. Why the need to say "We finally purchased a van ourselves"?
Thanks for sharing!


You know, I have no clue if they really purchased their own van. I know it was on their list of things they wanted for a very long time. I also know that before their recent change in their website, they listed Dodge Sprinter and a website, which makes me wonder, why give Dodge free advertisement? I really doubt Jon and Kate would just list Dodge for the heck of it.

I really don't like to accuse anyone, but it would not be the first time that Jon and Kate have twisted the truth or told an untruth.

Anonymous said...

This is just sad.

Anonymous said...

When I read about the Pope and his speak in France about avoid the temptation of the secular world I immediately thought of the Gosselins. Why he'd address them I don't know as they're not Catholic but that's where my mind went. I also read a few weeks ago about the woman in the Middle East (Egypt maybe?) that took fertility drugs to get a son. They already had 4 girls now they have six more children to bring home to their two room mud hut. Insane, I thought as immediately instead of thanking their God for the delivery of healthy children the first thing I hear them do is start asking for stuff. Boo hoo, my husband only works part time, we only have a two room hut, the Government should give us an apartment. Gee, can we name this syndrome of parents that aren't happy with the children they have that just have to pop some fertility drugs and crank out a boat load of babies then start the give me, give me, give me whine the Katie Gosselin Syndrome?
I think the odds are listed at 5% of those taking these fertility drugs while have high order multiples so before anyone every takes any of these drugs they best make sure they can support 6 or 7 children because you might be in that 5%. No begging allowed. It's gambling plain and simple. You took the gamble now time to pay the piper.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something I remember when I was a child.
My parents had some friends that were very religious.
I remember listening to my Mom and Dad talking about them getting new bikes.
They lived behind a strip mall, and I can only guess, but the bikes probably belonged to people that worked there, and they felt safe enough to leave them out behind the store while working.
The friends looked at it as God answering their prayers for the bikes and leaving them there for their needs. I was only in K or first grade, but I will never forget that story as long as I live.