Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Kate, You Make Me Blush

First of all, I would like to begin by asking the question, "Does anyone mention to Kate that she looks like crap while being interviewed?" Last week it was her hair, this week it was the blush. If, there are "good" moments of Kate with her family, Jen Stocks is not capturing them or she is purposely trying to portray Kate in a bad light. I personally believe what we see on the show is the best they can come up with, which brings me to the episode I've nicknamed "The Show Must Go On".
The show begins with the cast, oops I meant the family shopping at a Sporting Goods store so that they can purchase brand new equipment for a backyard campout. The purchase included:
2 six man tents
10 sleeping bags
10 lanterns
4 air mattresses
8 mini dustpans (Kate's favorite purchase)
10 marshmallow forks
24 batteries
1 box glow necklaces/sticks
3 Huge Koosh balls, marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate bars
Firepit? Did they own this already? Firewood

Adding everything up had to come close to three thousand dollars. What bothers me the most about this episode and frankly most of the episodes is how they flaunt their spending in front of their public especially since both of them are unemployed.
Our economy is suffering, people are being laid off, home sales are down, the unemployment rate is up, foreclosures are rampant and college tuitions are astronomical. The average American family consists of two working parents and 2.5 kids and they could never afford such an extravagance backyard campout as featured in last nights episode. "It's a cheap family outing" says Jon, way to rub it in our faces. Sure it is, Jon everything is cheap to you because your kids earn everything for you and your lovely blushing bride (pun intended). Even if a family could afford to purchase all the gear just to camp in the backyard, what family is dumb enough to do so? You phone a family member, a friend, a neighbor to borrow tents and you make the marshmallow sticks. I guess family and friends are a scarce commodity in the Gosselin household, you do what you always do. Exploit your children! This leads me to the V-tech ads. I'm not going to bother mentioning much about this part, in my opinion it proves that the Gosselin children are nothing but a marketing machine and just adds more fuel to the proverbial fire. Speaking of rubbing things in our faces, how many kids are now going to have to have that silly V-tech game system? I wonder if there was no show, no freebies and Kate and Jon worked like the rest of us, would they go out and actually purchase (with their money) this thing? Kate, have you ever thought of reading to your children? It actually helps preschoolers learn how to recognize letters and numbers. But, it might be too much to ask of Princess Kate who can't be bother with raising her children.
Back to "The Show Must Go On". Due to inclement weather Jon has set up the tents in the garage. Since both these parents don't work and the kids are not in school, why does this campout have to take place on that night? Oh yeah, production schedules... The kids let Jon know that they want to camp outside and not in the garage so Jon checks the weather and decides the rain is far away and moves the cast, crew and set out to the backyard. Jon decides to roast marshmallows with the kids over the fire pit while Kate is not around. He gives all the kids these incredibly long and sharp metal sticks and allows them to roast, burn and eat to their little hearts content. I thought it was a good idea but personally, I would never allow my children at that age to use those weapons to roast marshmallows. So, where the hell is Kate through all of this? She only shows her face to micro manage, blame and attack her husband and children. I think TLC's way of "damage control" is to keep Kate out of the camera as much as possible. Kate is only present when it is time to stuff her face with a smore and go to bed. But, she makes sure she is in a comfortable tent with only a few of the kids. When the twins ask her if they can come in to sleep with her, she yells "no, you're ok". Sorry folks, I have to say it, what a bitch! The Gosselins sleep through the night with the sound of rain hitting their tents, Jon gets up to cover the twins tent with plastic, again what the hell does Kate do? ever? But, of course the next morning she is the first one out of the tent and she runs into the house yelling, "they make houses because people should sleep in houses". Way to ruin the fun as usual. I'm sure she wanted to be the first one in to hit the craft service table to make sure her face was stuffed before attending to her family. Jon tells us that he doesn't see the family camping together, maybe just Cara and one of the boys. So, it's a good thing you went out and spent all that money on the equipment! I'm sure they'll fetch a pretty penny for it at a garage sale. Way to rub it in our faces again Jon, speaking of rubbing into faces.....Kate rub your blush in!!!!
And, what was up with the "exciting news". Oh my gosh, if it is that they are going to Hawaii, I am going to scream!!! Another way to rub into our faces what us poor working suckers that don't exploit our children can't afford. Or, rumor has it they are adopting a baby or maybe she's pregnant (I doubt it). Speculation is that a baby will make the show last longer. How would that make the show last longer? How boring to watch Kate at home with a baby and it's nanny. I vote for the surprise being they're going to Hawaii and renewing their farce of a marriage. YUK!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know how much all their camping stuff cost, but it wasn't cheap and then to not plan on using it again, COME ON. You are right, most people who work can't afford half of this stuff, and that is ok, but for people that need everything and then have no plans on even using it, that just makes me sick.

Anonymous said...

I was going to buy a motorhome to see if I liked camping, I wonder if that is next on their wish list?

Anonymous said...

I think the fire pit was new, Kate got all bent out of shape about Hannah walking by it. I wonder if Kate should get up and move her and explain why not to walk so close to it...DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever noticed how Jon just rambles on all the time? OH MY GOSH!

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your take on last night's episode!! You said everything I thought ... and more.

Anonymous said...

I noticed right away that the white plastic chairs were sort of circled around the new fire pit a little closer than I would be comfortable with. Then I realized....it's so that everyone could be filmed at one time around the fire. You know, like on a program or in a movie, where people are eating dinner, and they have their chairs closer together, leaving an empty space for the photographer. Kate seemed pretty proud to see her entire family gathered around in those plastic chairs. I think that's because a white plastic chair is very important in her life.
Yes, someone should tell her that clown make up is out this year.

Anonymous said...

More white chairs, they are all being trained to be little Katies.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or am I the only one who is just getting sick and tired of grumbling and complaining and snarking and bitch at the Gosselin's. Hey, I do it too. But I am starting to care less and less. As another poster mentioned, I think some of us "regulars", (I am not a hater of anyone) are getting burned out. The posts are so nitpicky; I could care less about Kate's blush, her hair, her butt, Jon's diet, etc...and all the posting about such trivial crap is too much to wade thru to get any posts of substance.

Aren't we all getting tired of bitching about the same stuff???

Have we perhaps lost some focus?

I want the kids off TV. I want the Gosselins exposed for any and all crooked behavior.

I would love it if they make amends with their family and friends.

It would be to Kate's benefit to seek some professional help.

I think the abundance of all the blogs, the sheer nastiness of some posters has almost gotten me to the point where I want to throw my hands in the air.

That isn't what we want accomplished is it???

Thoughts or comments are welcome.

Anonymous said...

I love the points you made in this post. You have a way of being funny and saying what we think while also getting to the point.

You know they could care less if anyone else can't afford things or if it makes someone feel bad that they can't do the same for their family. I'm sure there are people who are struggling to get by that feel inadequate to the Gosselins, though there is no reason to ever feel inadequate to them.

Joni said...

As a family who always camped, even when our children were babies, watching these kids being allowed to roast their own marshmallows and eat them off the forks, well it just made my stomach flip. We never, never allowed this, it is much to dangerous. This just upset me beyond belief.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that V-tech commercial they did. They should become professional commercials actors, oh wait, they are.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see these kids growing up and having to live on a budget, they will have no clue. Will they always assume that everything you want is free?

notakatelover said...

The parents need to grow up and learn how to live on a budget first, or maybe when the kids learn they can teach their parents!

beachluvin said...

I couldn't agree more about the blush and the fact that the producer, Jen Stocks must purposely be making Kate look bad. I remember reading on Julie's blog that the Gosselins view the episode one week prior to the air date. I doubt they are allowed to do any editing at that point, the work is already done. Short of a court injunction, there is no way they can stop the episode from airing. Kate must like the way she looks because it's not the first time she's worn too much blush, it's kind of funny....especially with that ridiculous rat's nest on the back of her head.

Anonymous said...

Just another set up show, if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Kate thinks the blush makes her look more Asian, she always wanted to be Asian.

Anonymous said...

I am just hoping that some day Kate will read these things and realize she isn't "all that". You know if she could see one thing wrong with herself, maybe, just maybe she will take a deeper look. Thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

I thought they got 3 tents...Hmmm, or did they own the twin's tent already?
I also had a real problem with them leaving the twins in their own tent. What if something were to happen or someone got in their tent? I would have been so scared.

Anonymous said...

I'm not tired of reading this stuff, I enjoy it, it gives me a reason to laugh at the show. I feel bad for the kids too, but I enjoy talking about the good, the bad, and the ugly, speaking of which, Kate needs a new make-up artist.

notakatelover said...

anonymous said...
Is it just me or am I the only one who is just getting sick and tired of grumbling and complaining and snarking and bitch at the Gosselin's. Hey, I do it too. But I am starting to care less and less. As another poster mentioned, I think some of us "regulars", (I am not a hater of anyone) are getting burned out. The posts are so nitpicky; I could care less about Kate's blush, her hair, her butt, Jon's diet, etc...and all the posting about such trivial crap is too much to wade thru to get any posts of substance.

Aren't we all getting tired of bitching about the same stuff???

Have we perhaps lost some focus?

I want the kids off TV. I want the Gosselins exposed for any and all crooked behavior.

I would love it if they make amends with their family and friends.

It would be to Kate's benefit to seek some professional help.

I think the abundance of all the blogs, the sheer nastiness of some posters has almost gotten me to the point where I want to throw my hands in the air.

That isn't what we want accomplished is it???

Thoughts or comments are welcome.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
September 10, 2008 11:25 AM=

Anon - I'm not really sure what you mean by us "regulars". Do you mean regular posters or regular viewers, not sure what you mean so I can't respond to that part of your question. My suggestion is that if you don't like reading posts about Kate's blush and other things, I suggest you don't read them. This is a private blogsite which represents the viewpoints of the writers of the blog. This blog is not objective, it is pretty subjective. I can speak for myself, I DO NOT LIKE KATE GOSSELIN, nor do I like the way she treats her husband on camera or her family and friends off camera. What I write is representative of the way I see Kate Gosselin on her reality television show in which is broadcast for all the world to see. I write how I feel, period.

You may not care about her hair, her blush, Jon's weight but guess what? Kate tells the world how she feels about Jon's weight and his hair, why is she off limits? If she learned to be more discreet with her opinions, people would not jump at the chance to give it right back to her.

Her words, you get the good, the bad and the ugly. Hey, she said it not me!

The good = 8 Beautiful Gosselin children
The bad = exploitation of 8 Beautiful Gosselin children
The ugly = Kate's sense of entitlement, her abrasive personality, her incessant need to belittle her husband on camera, her lying, her treatment of her family, friends, volunteers, fans. The treatment of her flesh and blood, think gum, think cupcakes, think laundry room floor think anything boy related.

When you say, we've lost our focus...what focus are you referring to? I am not responsible for taking their show off the air. I have not single handedly set out to get the show off the air, it will happen in due time and unfortunately much damage has already been done to the children. I hate to take the stance, "not my problem" but it isn't. I have enough problems supporting my own family. It's not up to me to see that Kate Gosselin receives professional help, it's up to her she is a grown woman and if she can't tell by watching herself, I pity her. In the meantime, I will write letters to sponsors and to whomever else I see fit and I will enjoy posting my take on their reality show, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Great post, thanks, gave me a giggle and an ahh moment all in one.