Saturday, December 6, 2008

To all you Kate Supporters

This is a question for all you Kate Gosselin supporters out there. I would like to give you an opportunity to list reasons why people like me should change my mind about the way I feel about Kate Gosselin.
I have published many of the comments that have come through in support of Kate Gosselin but rejected most of them because frankly, they are not suitable to post. They contain horrible language and are very hostile in nature, even threatening.
Please tell me why you believe Kate Gosselin is doing such a great job as a mother and deserves to be put on a pedestal as "mother of the year". She has been referred to as a super mom in certain articles because she gives the impression of running a household of 10 on a very tight budget.
I'm not going to list all the reasons why I think she is not in my opinion even close to a super mom much less mother of the year, but I would love to be enlightened as to why the fans feel the way they do.
I am wondering do you think she is a pleasant person to be around? Do you think she is deserving of being labeled super mom? Do you think if you met her in person, she would even make eye contact with you much less smile at you?
Do you think their family should be selling photos of their kids for $20 a piece under the pretense that the money is for the kid's college fund? Do you think they bought the house they moved to or do you think the kids bought it with the money earned from their reality show?
Please enlighten me because I am so confused, I do not understand the infatuation towards a woman who acts like such an entitled bitch on her show.

My requests:
1. No profanity.
2. Please don't mention that I do not have 8 kids, (how do you know if I do or not) it simply doesn't matter.
3. Please don't tell me I am jealous.
4. This list should pertain to after the tups were born. Nothing prior. Yes, I know she did not selectively reduce, that's old news.
5. Only list things about Kate's parenting that make you think she is such a great mother, not how efficient her uterus is.

I have a feeling the list will come up empty, but give it a try. It shouldn't be so hard, right?

13 comments:

Chris said...

she's got good teeth.

notakatelover said...

I agree Chris, she has good teeth or at least good teeth that her kids bought for her! But, does that make her a good parent?
LOL!

Anonymous said...

She doesn't hit Jon as much as she used to in the face and although we see the thing with which she hits her kids as she walks around with it, at least we don't see them getting hit on camera.

Anonymous said...

She is good at organizing.......

I did see her and she would not smile at me, only said hello in a smug voice and moved on. Not friendly.

Anonymous said...

Kate is always thinking about what's next and trying to prepare the kids (clothes, food, schedule). Basically how to make the day run smoothly. Is she perfect? No.

Neither am I.

I managed to do this without profanity, like you requested. Too bad you couldn't hold yourself to the same standard.

Anonymous said...

Kate would be the first to tell you she is not perfect. I found it amusing that you have more rules about comments on your blog than Kate has for all of her family. This show is affording them many opportunities and exploration of everything this world has to offer, than they could have ever had without it. Why not leave this family to do the best they can for their children, and turn to more productive criticism of those parents who refuse to work, and subject their children to the harmful effects of drugs, alcohol, and all sorts of bad behavior. I believe these children have a much better chance to become good citizens than those who did not have the same chance.

Libby said...

I think that this poster needs to re-read...I see no list. quote...
Kate would be the first to tell you she is not perfect. I found it amusing that you have more rules about comments on your blog than Kate has for all of her family. This show is affording them many opportunities and exploration of everything this world has to offer, than they could have ever had without it. Why not leave this family to do the best they can for their children, and turn to more productive criticism of those parents who refuse to work, and subject their children to the harmful effects of drugs, alcohol, and all sorts of bad behavior. I believe these children have a much better chance to become good citizens than those who did not have the same chance.

December 12, 2008 12:19 AM"

I cannot think of a reason why anyone would like Kate much less worship her. She is not a good mom, much less a super mom. To call your children names on tv, ridicule them and belittle them, does not make you a good mother...No matter how many "Opportunities" they may have!

Anonymous said...

If Leah gets so upset that she makes herself vomit, she is forced to wear the vomit clothes all day.

Anonymous said...

Leah will then leave a lesson of not making herself throw up. Parents do certain tactics such as saying you will have to wear it all day so that the do not continue to make themselves throw up. I don't agree with everything Kate does. She just wants to make sure that her children get the chance of doing whatever they want in life and experience a lot, such as their trips and their one on one days. Yes, they are probably paid for by tlc but they are still getting the opportunity. No for the name calling and such. It is wrong and I don't agree with that. We do not get to see everything that goes on and they do not film every single day. Do not watch if you do not want to. If the children were in such harm I am sure things would be taken care of. We have no right to claim that she is not a good mother, that she is not a good wife, and that she doesn't plan on stopping that show too. Yes she is probably paying for this house with money from the show but that provides a place for the children to live in as well. jon still has a job that provides income for them. If its a house that they are using the money for oh well. There is always more money coming in for such things as the children's education.

Anonymous said...

Why do the sheeple keep saying Jon has a job. He has admitted he no longer works other then the show which they called the "family job."
I guess none of them understand what a list is either.
I hate they claim she is organized when they get in the van and Kate has to make Jon run in the house a half dozen times to get stuff she forgot. And this last show they claimed they had no toys at the Peabody hotel for the children and that is why they got the Elmo doll for Lexi. What "organized" parent forgets to bring the kids' toys on an extended trip? I guess she figured they were going to get to do a spree for their kids too at K-mart.
Oh, well when I saw there were 9 comments I had hoped someone would enlighten me too. Guess they are stumped too for what Kate does that makes her even a half way decent mom.

notakatelover said...

Grendal,
Welcome to the site and I hope you are enjoying your new laptop. I hope you return, I enjoy your comments!
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Jon and Kate are good parents because they do what ever it takes to provide for thier family and they are very dedicated and loving.Kate and Jon are very trusting in the lord that he will provide for them with what ever they need and he has done that and then some. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to give your kids AMAZING opportunities that would have never happened with out the show. Also the kids all seem very normal, they are well behaved and then they have moments of being sassy 4 and 8 yr olds( what kid dosen't). I think they are great and even though they might not parent the way every one sees fit, it is not any ones bussines to judge. I gaurentee if we all went over to your house assuming you had children and watched you parent, we would find something we did not like about your parenting style as well, and you know what, it still would not mean that you are a bad mom! stop being so judgemental, if they bug you so much, quit wasting your time watching and writting about them. I know if I hate something or some one so much I wouldn't keep talking about it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy J&K+8 VERY much.
Have both of their books and the show on dvd.
Am definately planning on getting upcoming releases.

From, American.