Monday, October 27, 2008

Letter from Grand Wailea

This was in response to a letter I sent to Christina of the Grand Wailea. She made it clear that they only paid for their stay at the hotel (which is quite an expense!). I'm sure TLC shopped around for a hotel to "invite" the Gosselins.

Aloha (my name),

Thank you for your email and sharing your concerns with us. Having experienced
the Grand Wailea, I'm sure you will agree that the resort's offerings,
especially our waterpark and kids' activities is an ideal vacation destination
for kids. Our full intention of inviting the Gosselin kids is exactly the same
reason you mentioned, to relax, have fun and enjoy the beauty of Maui. And they
did.

Just so you are fully informed, the Grand Wailea did not fully host the
Gosselins. We did not host their airfares, transportations and activities around
the island. And the vow-renewal, the production film that produces the program
handled most of the cost; Grand Wailea helped coordinate the wedding as we would
do for any couples who wishes to marry or renew their vows here.

I am currently traveling on business but would welcome the opportunity to speak
with you if you have additional concerns, but please know that I completely
understand the point you are making. We got to know the kids well and adore them. We know they enjoyed their time here tremendously especially swimming
around in our pools. It's an opportunity I am glad we were able to afford them.

Christina
808-xxx-xxxx (cell)


I wonder what she meant when she says "I am glad we were able to afford them". Did the hotel have to pay them, too?

4 comments:

CarolBooker916 said...

I emailed several places the Gosselins have gotten freebies from and have not heard back from a single one of them.

Anonymous said...

One of the definitions of afford is "to furnish or supply".

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious, what did your letter say?

notakatelover said...

I asked why those chose to give the Gosselins a free trip to their resort. I asked them what they thought they deserved such a lavish vacation since they don't work. I also wondered why they didn't offer the trip to a more deserving family and I threw some names of families that I thought were more deserving which included military families.