Tuesday, October 14, 2008

GO AWAY KATE!!!!

In a tribute to Pennmommy's son (yes I realize it was a hoax), I stopped watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. About the same time, the new season of Dancing with the Stars began, so it was an easy decision. In the beginning, Kate Gosselin captured my heart while she clipped coupons to make the most of her budget and juggled 8 kids while her husband worked long hours away from home. But, a few episodes after the Surviving Sextuplets and Twins special I began to notice discrepancies in Kate's stories, a few things didn't add up. It was the episode where she buys an organic macaroon cookie and tells us that these cookies are "healthy" because they are organic that made me try and contact her. My background is in Health and Fitness and I have taken many nutrition courses and have given lectures on the subject. I honestly thought she didn't know any better, so I googled her to try and e-mail her the facts on organic food. Was I surprised with what came up after I googled Kate Gosselin! Many stories and accounts that did not show Kate in a positive light. As the "seasons' continued, Kate's sense of entitlement and her neurosis got worse. She became very unlike-able to me. In fact, I really began to despise her. Although, I have to say she is a smart woman, she sucked us in with her innocent act but the more I read, the true Kate Gosselin was revealed and is apparent on television through her reality show. What is truly unfortunate is that 8 innocent children are sucked into her fantasy world as are many viewers.

I don't miss the show at all, but lately I can't seem to get away from the Gosselins. They are everywhere! Last week, I purchased People magazine because one of my favorite actors and philanthropists, Paul Newman passed away and his gorgeous face graced the cover. I can't think of two more opposite families than the Newman family and the Gosselin family. Paul Newman lived his life to give to those more unfortunate than him, the Gosselins live their lives to take from those more unfortunate than them. I feel bad that I bought anything Gosselin, but I had to have the People magazine, I am saving it just like I saved the People magazine issue that featured Princess Diana after she died. I went to the grocery store the other day and what do I see at the checkout stand? The Gosselin family on the cover of you guessed it, Good Housekeeping magazine! I turn the TV on last week and guess who was on the promo for the Regis and Kelly show? She's in the Sunday paper, she's on the television, she's at the grocery store and she's even in the issue of People magazine with Paul Newman, her polar opposite!
Please, Kate Gosselin GO AWAY!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Libby said...

You know, I stumbled upon the "facts" about Kate in the same way. An innocent google search and bam...more information than I ever wanted to know about Kate. I too began to hate what I was reading about her. *Note: I don't hate Kate or Jon. I don't like them. Okay, I strongly don't like them.* Back to what I was saying...LOL. At first I thought, "Oh no what a can of worms! I wish I never bothered, now I can't watch it and enjoy it as I did before." It took me a while to realize that I was grateful for learning the truth. I personally don't want to be a blinded, mindless follower of J&K, I really can't stand the people who defend them at all costs. I don't much care whether or not this is politically correct or not, those people are idiots! Anyway, you are right, everywhere I look there she is! Wow, I stopped watching the show to get away from her and now she is haunting me everywhere I go. I can't turn on the TV or go to the supermarket without seeing Kate Gosselin!

BuckeyeMomof5 said...

What a great post...and how true!! Unfortunately I think it's only going to get worse before it gets better...

Anonymous said...

I am also so sick and tired of seeing Kate Gosselin anywhere. I don't watch the show for many reasons, but the main one is that I just can not stand her. I think putting on the innocent act was how she got Jon and she pulled out that old chestnut again to play to the heartstrings of people when she wanted stuff and money for her family. But true to form, Kate is to me a very sick personality who simply can not pretend for very long. I believe she is a woman who thinks she is right and the rest of the world is wrong and that is why she has isolated herself and the family from everyone. She wants no one to be able to burst the bubble.
Yes, please, Kate, go away!

Anonymous said...

I bought the magazine for Paul Newman, too. Nice post. I wonder where else Kate will pop up. Thanks for your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - Dancing With The Stars it is! Much more pleasurable to watch. No more J&K for me. I can't stand to look at her!

Anonymous said...

I won't watch this show anymore. I am watching Little People and then I change the show as soon as it is done. I think if we all flip the channel, TLC will get the idea and these two will leave our view.

Anonymous said...

I am so sick of Kate Gosselin too, but when you said she was put in the same magazine as Paul Newman, my stomach turned. He was a great man and gave so much. Kate, well how could she ever be compared to Mr. Newman, she is a joke.

Anonymous said...

I think the Gosselins know they are on the way out and that is why we see them everywhere, they realize this isn't going to last long so they need to take advantage of every single dime while they can. You couldn't pay me enough to be their PR person, I have principles.