Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Staged, They ARE Working!

I know I mentioned that I do not watch the show anymore, but I find it difficult to avoid all the reruns. I caught a few snippets of the episode where the tups go to preschool. A few things didn't make sense. First, let me preface this by saying it has been mentioned on various blogs that the tups do not attend the preschool associated with their church which is an hour away although the preschool shown on the episode sure looked like the church they attend. It has been mentioned many times that they attend the same school as their sisters which is a 20 minute drive away.

Did anyone else notice the same red couches, the same room and the same hallway and double doors that we saw in the episode where they attend church prior to torturing their kids with cupcakes? I also noticed there were no other children, parents, cars or teachers around. The parking lot was empty, the playground was empty. If this is the preschool associated with the school that the twins attend, there should have been much more going on. The preschool is supposed to be at a K-12 school, either the whole school was on a field trip or this episode was staged at their church to appear that it was the first day of preschool for the tups. It was probably filmed on a weekday when no one was around. TLC probably donated money so they could use the church as a set. This way they avoid having to have releases signed and it throws the public off.

There also are so many discrepancies in the "time" factor. They say the school is an hour away, and Jon tells us they have to leave by 11:15 to arrive 15 minutes early after they tell us their school begins at 12pm. Also, they are not the sharpest tools in the shed but I seriously doubt they would drive an hour each way for preschool.

Makes sense to me but why lie? Security? Who knows but if it is true, it's another indicator that the kids are working and it's not on a reality show.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read where Kate said they drive an hour to get to preschool, at the time I thought, are they nuts. People can hardly afford to drive an hour for anything anymore, yet they say they drive that far just for preschool? I don't beleive anything these 2 say. I could understand security, then by all means, take your millions and pay a teacher to come to the house and do preschool at home with the kids, we know Kate isn't smart enough to teach them.

Anonymous said...

If they are going to preschool that far away, it's a plan by Kate, she has more time alone at home to sleep and time to go spaing. Is spaing a word? I don't think so, but I'm sure you all get what I am saying.

Anonymous said...

They attend the pre-k at their church. It is the same school Cara and Mady attended. I think that school is only for 2 hours a day 3x a week. Jon and Kate made it sound like they both take them and run errands together. Who knows who is at home with the girls when they get off the bus. Surely they're not at school that late.

Anonymous said...

They didn't say that they went to the same school as Cara and Madelyn, they said it was the same preschool that they went to.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it matters what they say, they no longer tell the truth about most things.

Anonymous said...

If Cara and Mady are attending the school I think they are it certainly can be an hour away, depending on traffic and if they take the school bus (the school runs a bus to their area.) This school would not permit filming and would be very protective of the children's privacy.