Sunday, August 31, 2008

Is Jon to blame?

Before everyone jumps on me for trying to give Jon a break, hear my story. I, too am married to a man sort of like Jon. My husband is a wonderful man that has helped out with the kids the minute they were born. He was the parent that bathed them, read them bedtime stories, woke them for school, prepared their breakfast and their lunches and drove them to school. If there were nightmares or night terrors, he was the one that jumped up out of his much needed sleep. It wasn't me nudging him and telling him to go check on the kids. He did it out of love. One huge difference is that my husband would drive to work after he dropped the kids off. He would begin his day a little later than he would like because he preferred parking the car and walking the kids into school. My kids went to two different school and unless they end up in graduate studies together, they will never be at the same school. This meant he would have to park the car at two different schools and walk each child in bringing the younger one with him on the first trip. By the way, we live in a big city and parking is not always easy.
After putting in 12 hours or more at the office, upon arriving home his immediate attention went to the kids. Whether it was bath time or bedtime he was the one to make sure to be home in time. Before he went to bed, he would load up the dishwasher and clean the kitchen. He also would empty it in the morning and yes, he would bring me a cup of coffee before he left while I was still in bed. He actually said it was easier if I wasn't in the kitchen while he was getting the kids ready.
After he started his own business, he didn't have as much time to spend with the kids, but he did this so that he would be able to afford to put the kids through college. In the beginning he was gone 15 hours a day but no matter how late he came home, he still made breakfast, lunches and drove the kids to school. At this very moment he is 3000 miles away moving our eldest into her college dorm.
So, I guess what I am trying to convey is that Jon is probably a very loving man that enjoys spending time with his kids. It's the lack of appreciation by Kate that is unbearable to watch. Her incessant need to put him down, even on the new website regarding his hair is sickening.
Yes, I agree Jon should stand up more to his wife, but I understand how he doesn't want to "start" anything in front of the children. He actually takes the high road by taking the crap he does from Kate. I believe he is only trying to keep the peace.
Soon, he will realize that she is actually inflicting damage onto his children and he will stand up. But, not until it is too late.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds like a wonderful man, good for you and your kids.

I have to agree, I think Jon is trying to keep peace, but someday, sometime, something is going to have to give.

I bet you never treated your husband like crap, at least I hope not. I bet you have treated him with the respect he deserved. It's too bad that Kate can't and won't do the same.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder, if Jon maybe found some kahunas in Maui, gosh I hope so!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I never blamed Jon before, but now it has gone too far and I find him just as much to blame. He has to open his eyes and see what is going on. I know he probably likes the money and not working, but he says he will do anything for his kids, then why not prove it.

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds like a good man but Jon is a loser. Your husband has a job, Jon does not. Your husband does not pimp out his kids as far as I can tell, but Jon does!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Your husband sounds like a good man but Jon is a loser. Your husband has a job, Jon does not. Your husband does not pimp out his kids as far as I can tell, but Jon does!!!

September 1, 2008 12:48 AM



DITTO!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping you aren't like Kate. Like someone said, your husband worked, Jon doesn't, enough said.

Anonymous said...

Jon can just claim ignorance.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jon is to blame!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YES

Anonymous said...

IMO-Jon allows this farce to continue--His silence = approval-
I have no respect for this pitiful excuse of a man--
On the other hand, your hubby sounds like a keeper--
My hubby always worked hard & very long hrs-I felt lucky if he knew what their ages were, what school & grade they were in any given year--
The kids always idolized him & still do to this very day- He can do no wrong in their eyes--