Saturday, September 27, 2008

Writing Sponsors

I have been writing sponsors of Jon and Kate Plus 8. Many never respond, which is fine, they don't have to respond, I figure I have done my part by letting them know how I feel. I have also stopped buying certain things that are used as product placement on the show.

After seeing Kate's recipes and reading so many articles about Kate being the new spokesperson for the Grain Foods Foundation, I decided to contact the Grain Foods Foundation. I have sent them 2 emails, from two different email addresses. Both times I have gotten a message that these letters have been blocked and they were sent back. This makes me wonder, why do they have a contact email address if they are not willing to hear from people. Also I wonder, are they getting so many letters that they will not accept anymore. If anyone has any luck contacting the Grain Foods Foundation, would you please let us know? Here is their website contact page and there is also a link to their contact page on the right side of this blog under Jon and Kate Plus 8 Sponsors.
Thanks,
Stewie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if they have had enough complaining emails and don't want anymore. I hope they get the idea.

Lonnyswife said...

Stewie-
I wrote weeks ago when the first article came out (don't recall the source, may have actually been something posted on the Grain website).
Didn't receive a response but also didn't get anything saying the email was blocked, etc. That would lead me to believe that early on they thought they would get alot of positive feedback.
The fact that they have closed down the contact site is telling enough, they obviously got more negative comments than positive.
A couple of places I have written did write back, mostly form letters. Others, nothing. Regardless though, they are getting through unless we start receiving more of these contact box closed things.
Don't give up!!!

Joni said...

Thanks Lonnyswife,
I won't give up, I know we CAN make a difference.

Libby said...

Stewie, I have written to the grain people too and so far haven'g gotten a bounce back email. If I do get one or (gasp) a reply, I will let you know.

Joni said...

Thanks Libby,
I didn't know I got the emails back right away, they had went to my spam folder. I'm hoping it is just me they don't want to talk to and that everyone else gets through.

notakatelover said...

Stewie,
I wrote them the day the article came out and so far no response. I did not get a blocked message. I sent it from my comcast account and not my yahoo account, I am wondering if it makes a difference.

notakatelover said...

I posted this on another blog but it's obvious the letters to the sponsors are doing no good at all.
I think the only way to have any action taken to help these kids stop working so much is to contact a governing agency. If we get enough petitions signed, they can be presented so that a bill can be put on the ballot to being governing laws protecting children from working on reality tv for too many hours.
I for one, do not know how to go about this but I know each time I go to the big grocery store near my home, there is always someone standing out there with a petition to be signed. With enough signatures, people will listen! They have to!

Anonymous said...

Not a Kate Lover: Very, very good idea. If that is done around the country, even here and there, and local press is notified, tipped off, and there starts to appear many articles in local papers, then the larger press may soon cover it.

Seriously that's what grassroots is. So how can we make it happen?