Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two Sides and the Truth

There are usually two sides to every story and then there is the truth. My opinion is that there is and has been trouble in paradise brewing for a long time. I don't believe Jon actually cheated on Kate. He doesn't strike me as the unfaithful type. I honestly believe that Jon still loves Kate and wants the marriage to work but is lost without a job or a purpose or someone directing his every move. He probably was sitting at home bored to tears after the kids went to bed at about
7 or 8pm, received a text from a "female" friend and was talked into going out or he just decided he needed a night out. I wonder how many nights he goes out during the week or was this a one time thing? OR.....was the whole thing a set up by the "female" friend? Did she know that she could sell the photo? Who knows? But what I know for sure is McMansion was not a very pleasant place to be in last night or tonight for that matter!

Most married couples wind down their day together. After putting the kids to bed, they discuss the days events and may choose to watch television or lay in bed and read books or finish up a home project. With Kate gone 20 days out of the month, he has no one to share stories of the kids with. One of the tups rode their bike without training wheels or one of the kids said the funniest thing today....maybe one of the tups woke up dry for the first time or has a loose tooth. There are probably so many "firsts" and milestones that Kate has missed. So sad. Sure, they might text one another or talk on the phone during her breaks but I doubt they end their calls with "I love you and miss you". I think they have grown apart and a decision has to be made whether they want to make their marriage work or call it quits.

I believe they are no longer partners in marriage, just partners in business.
Unfortunately, the odds are against them based on the curse of the reality show couples.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this was a refreshing post. As opposed to all of the others, it sounds like you just may have a bit of compassion for these fellow human beings. It was so nice to read you giving the benefit of the doubt for once, instead of blasting with all four cylinders. It wasn't snarky or sarcastic in the least, or maybe I am just mis-reading the tone. Whatever the case, I didn't find myself getting irritated, which is one for the record books.

Anonymous said...

I think there is no love left in that relationship and I blame it 100% on the way Kate treats Jon. The fact that her treatment of him is replayed over and over every single day on television for the world to see can't be too good for his ego.
He may not be cheating....YET.......but he is definitely "testing" the waters.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first poster as well. Nice post and I do agree with what you said. While I don't like Kate's behavior in the least, I don't blame his behavior on hers, he knew who she was when he married her. I'm sure we all know a "Kate" in our lives. I hope they work it out for the benefit of their kids, I do think that they need to get out of this business because it will eat them alive. I think they are comfortable with the money supporting them but it's definitely taking it's toll.